29th Year in Business – THE ‘COMEBACK’ YEAR
What a crazy year it has been with the world being cast into absolute turmoil.
The COVID-19 pandemic came upon us causing the human race to make instant changes in their lives so as to survive.
Our freedom was restricted, some thrived but the majority struggled or folded.
We lost lives and livelihoods.
Nothing that was being done to overcome the pandemic seemed to make sense.
We allowed the COVID-19 virus to control us instead of us controlling the virus.
Our only hope is the vaccine – Bring it on
The one thing we did all learn is that life is unpredictable.
It can change in the blink of an eye and that forces humankind to change, and change we did at Scott-Safe:
- We came together as one to overcome the uncontrollable shutdown of peoples lives and businesses.
- We made adjustments to continue providing an essential service.
- We developed a benchmark system to help business owners and executives reduce the external risk and continue operating.
- We overhauled our business operation, became more efficient, productive and eliminated unnecessary costs.
- We helped those around us to overcome their challenges and did our best to ensure their wellbeing.
- We reviewed and updated our business contingency plans.
- We became leaner and meaner with a greater focus on ‘Value Add’ services.
- We used technology to a greater degree, online virtual meetings, briefs and educational training has become the norm.
- We all became more health conscious and the world became cleaner.
WE ARE EXPERTS IN OUR FIELD, EXPERTISE IS THE TOP SELECTION CRITERIA FOR SERVICE PROVIDERS
A lot has been taken away from us.
We now need to work on getting it back through innovation, creativity, new work methods and hard work.
Our inspirational key word this year is: “COMEBACK”
This has to be a comeback year for our business, clients, associates, family and friends.
WHERE ARE WE HEADED
We did not meet all the goals we set out for 2020 which means we ‘carry over’ those which we failed to achieve. Fortunately this applies to very few on our list.
- Disrupting the market with our Comply Online program
- Improve inter-personal skills
Our ‘comeback’ strategy for 2021:
- Keep marketing
- Be flexible on service pricing and hold off on annual increases
- Make budget cuts and do more with less
- Develop the Growth Mindset, look for new opportunities
- Retain existing clients with ‘Value Add’ services
- Expand services internally with existing client base
- Upskill staff and agents focusing on becoming more diligent in our work
MY PERSONAL MESSAGE
I am a COVID-19 survivor.
Protecting ourselves from contracting the virus has to be everyone’s main priority in life right now.
Eliminating the risk of exposure is impossible, but following protocol and taking extra care is everyone’s choice, be clever and make the right choice.
We need to commend all the Frontline Workers and Essential Service Providers – Thank you for your dedication.
Here’s what I’ve learnt in the last year:
- Leave room for the unexpected
- Be grateful for what you have
- Do not take anything for granted
- Save for a rainy day
- Build strong client relationships
- Stay connected
- Be available 24/7 as a resource
- Don’t think that it can’t happen to you, be prepared
When one’s mortality is challenged you think differently, there are new priorities in life and suddenly what you doing is far more important than what you have.
My legacy, to inspire people and make a difference in the world – it’s not about where you are now, it’s about where you going to go – your vision develops your legacy.
The ‘comeback’ year – “Against all odds, we come through the end of the world again and again, changed but intact”
Risk is an integral part of business – As is minimising it!
BE CLEVER – CHOOSE TO COMPLY
RODNEY HUGH SCOTT
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER / OWNER