CEO MESSAGE 2022
30th Year in Business
THE YEAR WE ‘STRIVE’
Two years on and we still haven’t shaken off this pandemic. It seems we are slowly coming to our senses realising that we need to control the virus and not be controlled by the virus. The virus strain is weakening, vaccines are available and continued precautionary measures are being maintained (at least in South Africa anyway) which allows freedom of movement to gain momentum. As a company we have survived and certainly made a comeback; we didn’t get this far to get this far.
All employers looking to make this mandatory in the workplace, do your due diligence:
• Conduct a Risk Assessment
• Vaccination Plan to comply with a collective agreement
• Take into account the guidelines set out in Annexure C to the Consolidated Direction on Occupational Health and Safety Measures in Certain Workplaces
Our take on being vaccinated, totally voluntary. If you feel the need then have the jab. Personally I have been vaccinated because I need to travel. Having had and survived COVID I know my circumstances. For those that haven’t contracted the virus your situation is unknown, consider the vaccination.
Clients continue to use our services because of our Core Values:
• We are Reliable, Loyal, Honest and Proud of what we do.
• We are also dedicated experts in our field focusing on ‘Meaningful’ Safety
Our inspirational key word this year is: “STRIVE”
We intend to continue making our Vision a Reality.
SHIFTING FROM WHAT TO WHY
For us it is not about doing a job, it’s about doing something that makes a difference. Our purpose is higher than profit generation. I strive to have our team act with that purpose on a day to day basis.
WHERE ARE WE HEADED
In order to move forward and be better one needs to set goals.
Why Goals Matter:
Setting goals initiates motivation. You decide where you want to be by a certain time, set out the route, plan the trip and then start. Measuring progress as you move forward. One needs flexibility to accept changes and self-discipline to stay on course.
Our GOAL Overview for 2022:
• Close up on 25% of all outstanding proposals sent to clients last year
• Increase educational training income by 20%
• Reduce overdraft limit by 50%
• Improve on cashflow by holding all clients to 30 day payments
• Comply Online to grow to 20 corporate clients by year end
• Focus and follow up on prospects identified last year
• Update and rebrand all master documents
• Review and improve the agents report process
• Initiate and complete new projects identified for 2022
• Construction division to carry 10 projects progressively
• Continuous improvement through internal Audit Verification
MY PERSONAL MESSAGE
The purpose of life is to Believe, to Hope and to Strive.
There are many things to look forward to this year:
• New family achievements
• The growth of the company
• Being able to assist those less fortunate and expressing our generosity
• Adding to our social responsibility campaign
• Travelling and Adventure
• Being happy, which is a choice
• Making changes
• Taking risks
Last but not least… Rediscovering Enthusiasm
When we see a company in business for 30 years it often appears to be an overnight success, but in reality has been years in the making.
Opportunity and the need for our service remain the basic fundamentals of how we are still in business.
Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better
Risk is an integral part of business – As is minimising it!
BE CLEVER – CHOOSE TO COMPLY
RODNEY HUGH SCOTT
CHIEF EMPOWERMENT OFFICER / OWNER